Fibre Optic Systems’ series of Fire Rated cable is ideal for installations requiring a cable that can withstand damage from fire or flame for a period of time. This cable allows for systems to remain operational for a limited time where traditional cables will not. Perfect for critical systems, where time is required for system shutdown or data backup to take place, or for signaling & safety purposes.
Technical Specification Sheet
• Fire resistant cable offers protection in hazardous or fire prone areas for critical systems
• Non-metallic, all dielectric construction allows for cable installation in areas such as power substations with restrictions in place for metallic cable
• High performance components and construction
• Complies with relevant IEC codes, standards & specifications for fire resistant & flame retardant properties
• Glass yarn offers a level of protection against non-burrowing rodents
• Cable materials are indoor/outdoor – UV, water and rodent resistant
• Wide operating temperature range of -30°C to +70°C
• 6 to 24 fibres
• Suitable for indoor/outdoor confined spaces
• Fire prone areas
• Hazardous environments
• Critical systems and signaling applications
• Warning systems for mine sites
See datasheet for specific properties and standards approvals for Fibre Optic Systems’ Fire Resistant optical cable.