FOS high-strength nylon jacket loose tube
is a stranded dielectric loose tube fibre cable.
This cable is particularly suited to external underground installations in ducts by pulling, jetting or floating techniques or by direct burial in open-cut trenches. The high strength nature of the cable ensures adequate protection in expansive, rocky or termite prone areas.
Loose tube cable offers a cost-effective and rugged solution for medium and long distance external fibre runs.
FOS nylon jacket loose tube cable is available by special order typically in Singlemode.
Technical Specification Sheet
• High strength bonded double jacketed construction ensures integrity of the cable in a range of challenging installation environments
• Insect resistant nylon outer and UV stabilised polyethelene inner jacket for long life in a wide range of installations
• Water swellable yarns provide protection against water ingress (dry core construction)
• Non-metallic construction
• Fibreglass reinforced polymer central strength member
• Flexible buffer tubes provide easy handling within termination enclosures
• Single layer SZ stranding limits stress on fibre tubes
• Fibre friendly thixotropic gel in tubes ensures fibre protection
• TIA 598 standard colour code
• 12 fibre tube construction2
• 6 to 72 fibres
• Expansive soils and rocky terrain
• Underground ducts
• Direct buried fibre links
• Infrastructure and industrial fibre links
• Long distance fibre networks