Fibre Optic Systems’ active mode converters are available in either gigabit or fast Ethernet speed. With two TX/RX pairs in standard SC format, each unit can convert a duplex pair of singlemode fibres to multimode. The units are perfectly suitable when adding new fibre to existing installed runs of fibre that do not match.
The singlemode ports run at 1310nm are compatible with most standard singlemode SFPs and GBICs and will work up to 20km. The multimode ports operate at 1300nm or 850nm and will communicate up to 2km or 550m depending on the selected model and fibre type.
• 100Mbits/s or 1000Mbits/s over duplex fibre (model dependent)
• Duplex SC receptacle optical interface
• 850nm/1300nm LED (MM) & 1310nm Laser (SM) transmitters
• RoHS compliant and Lead Free
• Up to 2km or 0.5km on 50/125μm MM Fibre (model dependent)
• 20km on 9/125μm SM Fibre
• Metal enclosure for reduced EMI
• External +5V/1A power supply
• Commercial operating temperature range: -20°C to +50°C
• Complies with IEEE802.3, IEEE802.3U, IEEE802.3ab, IEEE802.3Z standards
• Complies with IEEE802.1Q VLAN TAG, spanning tree standard
• 100BASE-FX to 100BASE-LX (3401)
• 1000BASE-SX to 1000BASE-LX conversion (3701)
• Converting legacy fibre systems where re-hauling fibre is impractical or inaccessible
See specification sheet for further details.