Fixed fibre optic SC/SCA Build Out attenuators are an easily implimented power correction method for your network that provide a precise level of power reduction to your transmitters. FOS ‘Build out attenuators’ (BOAs) are typically employed to control power levels to fall within receiver sensitivity range. Other uses include simulation of real world conditions in test networks or equalising channel strength in multi-wavelength networks.
FOS has a large range of plug type attenuators in both multimode and singlemode varieties available ex stock. Many connector variants are available in a range of attenuation values that will ensure your network is operating within its design loss budget.
Technical Specification Sheet
• Optimised ion doped fibre technology allows for consitant results regardless of dirt build-up, moisture or temperature variations
• 0dB variants available to suit the protection of test equipment ports
• Excellent durability and robust construction
• Low polarisation dependence
• Superior spectral flatness and very low ripples
• Withstands high optical performance up to 1W
• Telcordia GR-910-CORE compliant
• When implemented correctly, can improve the lifespan of sensitive transceiver equipment
• Telecommunications Network
• CATV Network
• Data Communication
• Instrumentation and Test Platforms
• Local Area Network
See datasheet for technical specifications.